Second International Symposium on Smart Products Through-Life Design (SPTLD-2020)
Venue: Northumbria University, Newcastle, UK
Time: Sept 1-2, 2020
1. KEY DATES
Paper submission deadline: 31 May, 2020
Notification of acceptance: 15 June, 2020
Camera-ready submission: 30 June, 2020.
Registration deadline: 15 August, 2020
This is the Second International Symposium on Smart Product Through-Life Design of this conference series, jointly hosted by Northumbria University, UK and Northwestern Polytechnical University of China with the central support of their joint Design Innovation Laboratory.
The first symposium was held in Xi’an in 2018 and accepted papers with successful extensions were published in the Special Issue of the journal of Advances in Mechanical Engineering (SCI indexed).
The second symposium (SPTLD-2020) is affiliated with the 26th IEEE International Conference on Automation and Computing (ICAC’20) as a satellite conference. The ICAC’20 conference information can be is found here (http://www.cacsuk.co.uk/index.php/conferences/icac-2-1 ). It will be held on Sept 3-4, 2020 in Portsmouth University. Authors are encouraged to attend the Symposium at Newcastle on Sept 1-2, 2020 and then join the main ICAC’20 conference.
Under the Industry 4.0, smart factory and manufacturing require holistic integration of smart products, tools, and services throughout the product life cycle. With the notion of PSS (Product Service System), smart products here refer to smart products, tools, services and integral innovative manufacturing systems. Smart product/service system design is a multidisciplinary research field involving Industrial Design, Service Design, Mechanical Design, Interaction Design, User-Experience Design, Human Factors, AI, IoT, Big data & Analytics, Blockchain, Digital Twin and Emotional Design to name a few.
Currently, researches into product service system design are separated into different stages and sub-systems, the research on the integration of smart products/services with intelligent computing and manufacturing is much needed not only to concern product design, manufacturing and customer services but also to take on repurposing, reuse, costing, remanufacturing and recycling in the design stage.
Therefore, this research symposium aims to bring researchers together from different research aspects around the product/Service system design, innovation and system integration to exchange their current research, discuss better research ideas, update the state-of-the-art of the current research status, and encouraged research collaborations.
4. SCOPE: the potential topics include but not limited to the following research themes and related topics.
- Smart Product design and development
- Smart service design and development
- Computer aided industrial design
- Ergonomics and human factor in Design
- Modelling and simulation of digital twin platform for smart product design
- Integrated product and service system design
- Lifecycle smart product and service design
- Circular economy approach for smart product and service design
- Smart product and service design for smart cities and urbanization
- Smart product and service design for integrated healthcare and social cares
- Smart product and service design for smart manufacturing
- Cultural inspired product and service design
-Intelligent interaction and interfacing design for smart product and services